Monday, February 15, 2010

Capital Cuisine


The snowpocalypse put DC in quite the tizzy which turned my thirty minute airport commute into two and a half hours of shared van fun.  It seemed like a guaranteed disaster, but my van mates were delightfully entertaining and entertained by my hot off the press business cards - cards which would spark an atypical conversation amongst strangers.

Who knew that the Arlington couple would have a relative recently diagnosed with Celiac's and the Miami gent would be a microbiologist with a pescatarian girlfriend?  Who knew!  But cards fell into place, because my van mates made the trip pass quickly and lead me to the perfect vacation send off meal.

I stole my fellow Floridian's dinner destination, Hook, for my last meal in capital country.  I ordered grilled rockfish with polenta, trumpet mushrooms, and brussel sprout petals.  Yum!  A perfect dish with perfect company is the ultimate equation for a perfect last meal.

See you tomorrow Tampa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails