Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chop Therapy


I want what you're having.  Not the entire thing, just a bite.  If tonight didn't happen, I would continue to think you're dish earned extra tasty points for one reason only - it wasn't prepared by me.  And I'm not saying that I won't continue to ask for bites, I will, but at least after tonight I'll understand why.

My impatience is not subtle and probably borders on extreme for prior roomies.  I alone can be too many cooks for one kitchen.  And to this "rule", I can only think of one exception - everything salads with Lex.  Everything salads are never the same and always have too many ingredients to repeat in the same order twice.  And apparently one life changing light bulb moment is the limit for tonight, because I can't for the life of me provide a logical explanation for why, in all of my 26 years, there is one scenario in which I prefer to share a kitchen.

Tonight I prepared an everything salad for the first time sans Lex.  It wasn't the same.  I chopped finely, patiently, and with purpose.  And it was as I prepared my plate for its photo opp that my "Aha!" moment occurred - I want your dish because you took your time!

Finely chop the following until you "Aha!", mix in a bowl, and set aside.
-  1/2 green pepper
-  1/2 red onion
-  1/2 cucumber
-  one can of hearts of palm
-  1/2 can of artichoke hearts
-  1/4 cup of green olives
-  1/2 - 1 cup of steamed asparagus
-  1/2 can of garbanzo beans
-  1 lb cubed chicken breast
-  gorgonzola cheese crumbles
-  balsamic vinaigrette

Place baby greens and baby spinach leaves on a large plate.  Spoon chopped veggie mix over greens.  Keeping the veggies separate will prevent soggy lettuce and ensure even distribution of goods.  Top greens with chicken, cheese crumbles, and dressing.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails