Monday, January 11, 2010

Check-Ch-Check, Check it Out!




When asked by my doctor if I was getting enough calcium, I responded in a regretfully snooty tone “of course, I take a really good multi-vitamin”.  Oops!  Even my fancy, raw, high absorbency multi’s don’t contain near the recommended 1000 mg per day. 


I browsed a few popular vitamin websites unsure of what I wanted to find.  Relieved that my multi isn't alone, but disappointed in multi’s in general, none of the supplements I found met the suggested mg.  Although dairy products are an excellent source of calcium, I feel as though this route is a bit future farmers of America-esque.


Taking a calcium supplement and munching a few servings of calcium rich foods each day is your best shot for sufficient intake of this essential mineral.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails