Monday, August 2, 2010

Super Food Smoothie


I've seen wheatgrass advertised from time to time over the years, but never gave it a second thought.  Why?  Simply put, in my experience, the taste was wretched.  

But when I saw the lone pallet of grass at Greenwise last week, I felt the need to own it.  And since the impulsive need to own, well, anything is far from uncommon for me, I decided to think about it.  After all, it was a twenty dollar piece of sod.

I used the same methodology as I do with clothes, shoes, make-up, appliances, gadgets, electronics, everything.  If I go home and never give it a second thought, then I must not have wanted said thing all that badly.  However, if I found it was all I could think about and it made an appearance or two in my day dreams and night dreams alike - there must be a need.

I'm somewhat sad to say that wheatgrass crossed my mind that many times in one week that I allowed myself to bring the pallet home.  To justify my purchase, it's going to be a "green" smoothie kind of week.  And to justify the taste, I'll keep in mind that one ounce of wheatgrass contains the same amount of nutrients as 2-1/2 pounds of green veggies.  That…  Is a lot of veggies.

Super Food Smoothie:
1/2 Cup Wild Blueberries
Sambazon Acai Package
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
1 Gala Apple
2"x2" Square of Wheatgrass
1/2 Cup Water
8 Ice Cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails