Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Flopping Flounder

You're not imagining it; I'm partial to seafood these days.  Since the acquisition of my fish cooking skills during 'Technique de la Hanz', I just can't stop.  The thought of cooking chicken has always caused an urge to snooze, there's a limit to how many times you can pretend turkey tastes differently than chicken, and beef?  Beef lost its attraction after living steps from the Bern's Bar.  So fish it is.

And if you thought spending a lifetime within eye shot of water would create a connoisseur of some sort, you'd be wrong.  Beyond salmon, tuna, and grouper...  I'm clueless.  If you can imagine someone spinning me in circles, blindfolded, and telling me to point - that would be a fairly accurate description of tonight's seafood department experience.  And, that would be the only possible explanation for how I ended up with flounder.

Due to my lack of grill, I brushed the filet with olive oil, sprinkled it with Northwoods Seasoning, and broiled it for 5-7 minutes on each side.  I served it atop seasoned and sauteed baby bellas, asparagus, green beans, squash, and zucchini.  The veggie medley equaled "woah!" and distracted me from my new found dislike - flounder.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails